Stamp, Stamp – we were in! Both with a Malaysian Visa in hand. No need for the proof of onward travel we were worried about, phew. Back on the luxury bus that had recliner seats, inbuilt vibrating massagers and adjustable air-con above your head, this backpacking business wasnt so bad after all. We were so […]
The long-awaited journey had begun. We had dreamt of this for so long and today was the day our world adventure was to commence. We had butterfly’s in our belly, smiles on our faces and backpacks on our back as we walked through the departure gates at Melbourne international airport destined for our first stop, […]
As departure day approached we quickly realised all the special things we are leaving behind whilst on our travels. Here are a few things that will be missed. Family - of course this had to be first on the list. We are both so lucky to have families that are supportive of our travels. We will miss […]
Eating in ‘Holiday’ mode rather than realising this is no holiday – it is a lifestyle change. Every time we go on two weeks holiday we do what most do – enjoy all the finer food groups and drink way to much beer and wine. When we return from holidays we are always carrying a […]
We landed in Sydney mid afternoon to temperatures a lot cooler than we were expecting and rain! Our good friend Reece was picking us up from the airport so there were no worries about transfers which was fantastic. We were collected and taken to Reece and Sam’s place where we would stay with our good […]
WEAR SUNSCREEN!! We spent 5 amazing hours exploring the Wollongong Region from Bald Hill Lookout down to Gerringong Seven Mile Beach and inland to Saddle Back Lookout on the back of a tricycle. The wind was cooling our skin so Duane did not feel the sun burning down upon him. He did not apply sunblock and this was what […]
30th January 2012 – Departure day for our big adventure. The days leading up to departure were filled with good food, plenty of beer and saying goodbye to family and friends. Goodbyes are never easy, many tears were shed – there are many special people we will miss and events we can’t attend but they […]
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Rawai Muay Thai Camp March 24, 2012
- Another side of Thailand – Phuket to Bangkok April 3, 2012
- A Coconut a Day, With Rats We Stay – In Paradise March 4, 2012
- A Wet & Wild Laos New Year May 6, 2012
- Some Long Awaited Art Work March 26, 2012
- Please Can I have Some More? Penang Food Capital Of Malaysia February 11, 2013
- Viva Las Vegas February 3, 2013
- Lights, Camera, Action – NYC January 26, 2013
- Warming Up With Wine In Ontario, Canada January 25, 2013
- From City to Country to Coast – Do we love Cuba the most? January 24, 2013
- Aggy: Love Penang! They have the best food ever and I al...
- Lauren Rains (@OUTDOOR_MINDED): Your blog post has officially made me miss Malaysi...
- Vicky: Love this post! Heading to Nong Kiaw in a couple d...
- Vicky: This is AWESOME! We are heading to Laos in a coupl...
- Wong Pow Long: Hi, Kim, Welcome to Penang !! I hope that you ...
Posts by Country
- Aggy on Please Can I have Some More? Penang Food Capital Of Malaysia
- Lauren Rains (@OUTDOOR_MINDED) on Please Can I have Some More? Penang Food Capital Of Malaysia
- Vicky on Boat Racing, A Home Cooked Meal and the Village Lifestyle
- Vicky on Laos
- Toni on Please Can I have Some More? Penang Food Capital Of Malaysia