After finishing our training camp at Rawai, and catching a taxi to Patong we were on a mission – an ’achieve a 30 before 30′ item mission. It had been a long time coming and finally the time had arrived. For a long time Duane has talked about getting a tattoo and even knew what he wanted […]
As the taxi pulled in at Rawai Muay Thai butterfly’s filled my belly as I realised that all the talk was about to become reality. We had made no booking (not sure if this was due to lack of commitment & being terrified of actually doing this) but it did not matter. The girls in the […]
As we crossed the border into Thailand we could see the change in landscape instantly. We were on our way to Krabi and had been given the name of a great cheap hostel – Area51. It was a little off the main road but had super cheap and clean rooms. After settling in we headed out for […]
To get to Georgetown, Penang we had to take a bus from the Cameron Highlands and then a ferry across to the old town. The whole process was rather painless with the only annoyance being people not sitting in their correct seats on the bus. This has become something we have noticed as ‘common’ and its […]
The five hours’ drive in the mini-van was coming to an end. The road weaves down through the hills then climb back out and you start to get the feeling you are getting close to the Highlands. Suddenly, all you can see is clouds and jungle before you. The twists and turns in the road increase and tucked […]
Always have a sarong on hand! 3 weeks on the road and we have very quickly learnt the importance of having a sarong with us at all times. It has become a towel, pillow, bed sheet, shoulder wrap, dress and has been used on every bus trip! If you have ever travelled on a bus […]
As the bus pulled to a stop it was still dark outside. The two of us, along with the three girls we met on the bus were approached by a guy telling us to follow him as he had the first boat leaving that morning. We were a bit unsure if he actually had the first […]
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Rawai Muay Thai Camp March 24, 2012
- Another side of Thailand – Phuket to Bangkok April 3, 2012
- A Coconut a Day, With Rats We Stay – In Paradise March 4, 2012
- A Wet & Wild Laos New Year May 6, 2012
- Some Long Awaited Art Work March 26, 2012
- Please Can I have Some More? Penang Food Capital Of Malaysia February 11, 2013
- Viva Las Vegas February 3, 2013
- Lights, Camera, Action – NYC January 26, 2013
- Warming Up With Wine In Ontario, Canada January 25, 2013
- From City to Country to Coast – Do we love Cuba the most? January 24, 2013
- Aggy: Love Penang! They have the best food ever and I al...
- Lauren Rains (@OUTDOOR_MINDED): Your blog post has officially made me miss Malaysi...
- Vicky: Love this post! Heading to Nong Kiaw in a couple d...
- Vicky: This is AWESOME! We are heading to Laos in a coupl...
- Wong Pow Long: Hi, Kim, Welcome to Penang !! I hope that you ...
Posts by Country
- Aggy on Please Can I have Some More? Penang Food Capital Of Malaysia
- Lauren Rains (@OUTDOOR_MINDED) on Please Can I have Some More? Penang Food Capital Of Malaysia
- Vicky on Boat Racing, A Home Cooked Meal and the Village Lifestyle
- Vicky on Laos
- Toni on Please Can I have Some More? Penang Food Capital Of Malaysia