Below are details and pictures on arriving in Laos from Thailand and taking the slow boat down the Mekong to Luang Prabang. It was a simple journey but amazing to see such a difference in two countries just by crossing a river. Laos is one of the most bombed countries in the world, it is poor [...]
After 2 nights in Pai it was back in the mini-van to Chiang Mai for one night where of course we re-visited our favourite vegetarian restaurant (no, we are not vegetarian however this place was so good we just couldn’t get enough!) and stayed back at CM Blue as their clean cheap rooms were too good to [...]
As we checked-in to our Guesthouse (CM Blue) in Chiang Mai we knew we would love this city. In the centre of Chiang Mai is the Old Town encased by the old wall – it is now only in sections however you can imagine the wall surrounding the entire old city – amazing. Within the [...]
Ayutthaya Our next destination was founded in 1350 however it was destroyed by the Burmese army, resulting in the collapse of the kingdom. We visited the Ayutthaya historical park which is the former capital of the Kingdom of Siam and now in ruins and considered a UNSCO World Heritage Site. We took an evening [...]
After a crazy 3 hour mini-van ride we arrived in the beautiful sleepy town of Kanchanaburi which is in the west of Thailand and is the location of the Bridge over the River Kwai and the Death Railway. We had read about a few hostels to check out so we jumped in a tuk tuk from the bus [...]
We arrived at Taileks House where we had booked a 2 night stay. Taileks House was chosen by us strategically as it was located in the suburban area of Bangkok and away from the craziness of Koh San Road. We met Tailek, a young fellow that can speak 3 languages at the age of 2 and [...]
Note: This post has limited photos due to us being too angry to consider ‘capturing the moment’ but please read on. So far our travels have been rather event free. A few long bus rides and a couple of uncomfortable mini-vans with maniac drivers but all in all things have gone according to plan … That [...]
When ambitions are confused with abilities …. After spending a week on the back of a scooter Kim decided it was time to the bull by the horns as they say and give this scooter riding a proper go. With a little hesitation and Duane standing close-by I got on and scootered around the [...]
Red: Where we are located now Blue: Where we have been
- Rawai Muay Thai Camp March 24, 2012
- Another side of Thailand – Phuket to Bangkok April 3, 2012
- A Coconut a Day, With Rats We Stay – In Paradise March 4, 2012
- Some Long Awaited Art Work March 26, 2012
- A Wet & Wild Laos New Year May 6, 2012
- Please Can I have Some More? Penang Food Capital Of Malaysia February 11, 2013
- Viva Las Vegas February 3, 2013
- Lights, Camera, Action – NYC January 26, 2013
- Warming Up With Wine In Ontario, Canada January 25, 2013
- From City to Country to Coast – Do we love Cuba the most? January 24, 2013
- Wong Pow Long: Hi, Kim, Welcome to Penang !! I hope that you ...
- Toni: Your food photos look deliciously lickable :D A...
- John: I love Vegas. On my second trip I also stayed at P...
- Wanderlust Marriage: Yes, you never know how it will work out! I hope t...
- Kim - Wright2Travel: We missed you guys so much at Chrissy and cant wai...
Posts by Country
- I'm at Tailor Made Espresso (Brisbane, Queensland) 4sq.com/119MBIk 16 hours ago
- I knew something was missing today ... My morning #coffee! (@ Tailor Made Espresso) 4sq.com/10huyys 1 day ago
- Double shot Piccolo - don't mind if I do! (@ Tailor Made Espresso) [pic]: 4sq.com/18aruWR 2 days ago
- Saturday ritual and this time have the sis with me - happy days Cassidy (@ Davies Park Market - @daviesparkmkt) 4sq.com/19Go4tQ 4 days ago
- Daily shot (@ Tailor Made Espresso) [pic]: 4sq.com/10QDIDy 6 days ago
- Morning coffee - part of life when your back to the daily 'grind' (@ Dramanti Espresso) 4sq.com/10WpDP1 1 week ago
- jetstaraustralia my favourite place to travel with #Jetstar is #KualaLumpur - the gateway to #Malaysia… instagram.com/p/ZSVv-ti4st/ 1 week ago
- I'm at South Bank Lifestyle Market (South Brisbane, QLD) 4sq.com/11uiWer 1 week ago