After an emotional experience in Phnom Penh it was time to move on. After being land-locked for 2 months it was about time we hit the beach so we decided Sihanoukville would be our next stop. Sihanoukville is a 5 hour bus ride south of Phnom Penh. Upon arrival the usual tuk tuk bartering took [...]
How this could have happened we will never understand – Welcome to Phnom Penh, where you enter a world so far from home. We arrived at the bus station and knew that it was a fair few kilometers from where we wanted to stay so we found ourselves a tuk tuk and set off. Phnom [...]
After our time in Battambang we decided to catch an early morning bus to the city of Pursat where 39km from the city is a village that is entirely built on water in the Tonle Sap. We scored an awesome room at a lovely Hotel which was super cheap due to not many tourists visiting [...]
When arriving in Battambang, as in every town in Asia we were hit by a barrage of tuk tuk drivers. I told them to go away while we got our bags and that we would come to find them when we were ready, it’s a good try but this just doesn’t work in Asia (funny [...]
We loved our time in Siem Reap – home to Angkor Wat. Although there is so much more on offer here, night markets selling delicious cheap food, crafty nicknacks and smiling locals everywhere you look. This city is a true blend of locals and travellers all in one place at one time. It is busy, [...]
After completing ‘The Loop’ adventure it was time to slow down and relax. So, we headed for the 4000 Islands in south Laos thinking a stop in Don Det would provide time to relax and recover. We climbed on the bus for the 8 hour journey to find most seats were already taken. We ended [...]
As the clouds merged, thunder cracked and lightening lit up the sky; we wondered what the hell had possessed us to be in the middle of nowhere, on a scooter during a wild Laos storm … the reason for our madness – THE LOOP! We had survived Tubing in Vang Vieng but that was not [...]
After a Wet & Wild Laos New Year celebration in Luang Prabang we decided it was time to move further South. It was then that a decision had to be made. After reading many articles and blogs we were unsure if we should stop in Vang Vieng due to the dangers of tubing and the impact tubing has had [...]
The Laos New Year is celebrated every year from April 13th – 15th and we were lucky enough to be celebrating in the city of Luang Prabang - known as the best place to be in Laos at this time of the year. We soon discovered why Luang Prabang was so popular as the streets became crowded with people [...]
Arriving in Nong Khiaw after a four and a half hour trip which we thought was in a bus but this is Laos, the land of the unpredictable - it turned out to be in a strongthrow (a converted pick-up truck) with 18 other people. This is a truck that should by rights only have 10 people at the most in it [...]
Red: Where we are located now Blue: Where we have been
- Rawai Muay Thai Camp March 24, 2012
- Another side of Thailand – Phuket to Bangkok April 3, 2012
- A Coconut a Day, With Rats We Stay – In Paradise March 4, 2012
- Some Long Awaited Art Work March 26, 2012
- A Wet & Wild Laos New Year May 6, 2012
- Please Can I have Some More? Penang Food Capital Of Malaysia February 11, 2013
- Viva Las Vegas February 3, 2013
- Lights, Camera, Action – NYC January 26, 2013
- Warming Up With Wine In Ontario, Canada January 25, 2013
- From City to Country to Coast – Do we love Cuba the most? January 24, 2013
- Lauren Rains (@OUTDOOR_MINDED): Your blog post has officially made me miss Malaysi...
- Vicky: Love this post! Heading to Nong Kiaw in a couple d...
- Vicky: This is AWESOME! We are heading to Laos in a coupl...
- Wong Pow Long: Hi, Kim, Welcome to Penang !! I hope that you ...
- Toni: Your food photos look deliciously lickable :D A...
Posts by Country
- Checking out the local cafe - cant believe I haven't visited earlier! (@ The Low Road Cafe - @bad_waitress) [pic]: 4sq.com/12Vnbg9 8 hours ago
- RT @jlrocker: @Sihpromatum I went to Beijing, Shanghai, Zhengzou, Huang Shan, Chengdu, Guilin, Yangshuo, Nanning, Hong Kong, Guangzou, Song… 1 day ago
- RT @RunawayJuno: New: Runaway Photo: Penang, Malaysia bit.ly/10qUFQe #TTOT #Travel 2 days ago
- RT @travelinglinds: Travelinglinds Daily News is out! paper.li/travelinglinds 2 days ago
- After #traveling #rtw what #food do you find yourself #cooking when you get home?? Mines Asian!! #lovetravel #foodies #Backpacking 2 days ago
- RT @JoannaTravels: I may need to visit all these places before I die: boredpanda.com/amazing-places/ #travel #ttot #girlstravel #seetheworld 2 days ago
- RT @redheadtravels: **NEW POST** Tips on choosing the right European vacation #travel #ttot #advice theredheadedtraveler.com/2013/05/sun-se… … 2 days ago
- RT @livingdreamrtw: Check Out Our First Book! The Long-Term Traveler's Guide #rtwsoon #lp #travel #book 2 days ago