Next stop was Hong Kong where we would be joining 10 other people for a 21 day Intrepid Travel adventure. However, before starting our tour we had 3 days on our own to discover the amazing city of Hong Kong. For our time in Hong Kong we had 3 separate accommodation bookings allowing us to [...]
After our amazing 2 days trekking Tiger Leaping Gorge we had a decision to make; where to from here? The winning destination was …. Shanghai. We caught an overnight train from Lijiang back to Kunming and the caught a flight to Shanghai. Arriving in the bustling city we caught the MTR to the city and [...]
The rain fell, clouds covered the sky and there was a chill in the air … Welcome to Tiger Leaping Gorge in the wet season. We had dreamed of the 2 day Tiger Leaping Gorge hike from the day we decided to add China to our itinerary. We had seen amazing photos and read great [...]
An old city full of Chinese domestic tourists – don’t go …. this was what so many people told us but and in the end we were so pleased we didn’t listen to them as we loved our time in Lijiang! After such a fantastic time in Dali we were a little sad to leave [...]
Arriving in Dali was a fantastic sight – our first taste of ‘old china’. We caught a bus for at least 40 minutes before arriving in the old town area. 5 Minutes walk and we arrived at our pre-booked hostel The Jade Emu where we would be staying in a 4 person dorm. We spent [...]
After 4 months on the road it is time to say farewell to Vietnam and South East Asia – Oh it has been fantastic and we have learnt and experienced so many things. The amazing food, the friendly locals and the giggling kids – we will miss them all. We have some amazing memories but [...]
Halong Bay is a must see for anyone visiting Vietnam and there are so many companies to choose from,when trying to decide it becomes mind-boggling! After hours of searching, emailing and being utterly confused we decided on Aurora Cruises for our long-awaited trip to Halong Bay. We had decided we wanted to spend 2 nights [...]
Have you ever experienced the moment when you realise you are standing in a postcard? We have travelled to many places and seen many amazing sights but sometimes you realise you are in a place that exceeds all expectations in every way. So often the ‘must see’ sights or locations do not live up to [...]
Red: Where we are located now Blue: Where we have been
- Rawai Muay Thai Camp March 24, 2012
- Another side of Thailand – Phuket to Bangkok April 3, 2012
- A Coconut a Day, With Rats We Stay – In Paradise March 4, 2012
- Some Long Awaited Art Work March 26, 2012
- A Wet & Wild Laos New Year May 6, 2012
- Please Can I have Some More? Penang Food Capital Of Malaysia February 11, 2013
- Viva Las Vegas February 3, 2013
- Lights, Camera, Action – NYC January 26, 2013
- Warming Up With Wine In Ontario, Canada January 25, 2013
- From City to Country to Coast – Do we love Cuba the most? January 24, 2013
- Lauren Rains (@OUTDOOR_MINDED): Your blog post has officially made me miss Malaysi...
- Vicky: Love this post! Heading to Nong Kiaw in a couple d...
- Vicky: This is AWESOME! We are heading to Laos in a coupl...
- Wong Pow Long: Hi, Kim, Welcome to Penang !! I hope that you ...
- Toni: Your food photos look deliciously lickable :D A...
Posts by Country
- Can't stay away from Asian food!! (@ Beijing House) [pic]: 4sq.com/16RmRUk 16 hours ago
- Time for the morning #brew before starting the #dailygrind - oh how amazing is a good coffee?! Duane 4sq.com/12vEiU1 20 hours ago
- I'm at Tailor Made Espresso (Brisbane, Queensland) 4sq.com/119MBIk 1 day ago
- I knew something was missing today ... My morning #coffee! (@ Tailor Made Espresso) 4sq.com/10huyys 2 days ago
- Double shot Piccolo - don't mind if I do! (@ Tailor Made Espresso) [pic]: 4sq.com/18aruWR 3 days ago
- Saturday ritual and this time have the sis with me - happy days Cassidy (@ Davies Park Market - @daviesparkmkt) 4sq.com/19Go4tQ 5 days ago
- Daily shot (@ Tailor Made Espresso) [pic]: 4sq.com/10QDIDy 1 week ago
- Morning coffee - part of life when your back to the daily 'grind' (@ Dramanti Espresso) 4sq.com/10WpDP1 1 week ago