As you all know we LOVED our time in Southeast Asia and after five and a half months travelling the region we got to experience many of the different countries and cultures. We discovered that Southeast Asia is a hugely diverse area with so much to offer everyone regardless of if you are a traveller, […]
5 Months in Asia – My Adventure From Singapore Slingers to Peaking Duck, what an adventure Asia has been. Spending five months traveling our way overland from Singapore to Beijing. Traveling Asia was fun, Hard and more rewarding than anything I’v ever done. It has taught me that you really don’t need much in […]
KIM’S ASIA WRAP-UP Starting in Singapore we couldn’t have asked for more The start of our journey – it’s what we had been waiting for, Malaysia so untouched and wild Had us running through the jungle like a child, While in Thailand at Muay Thai Knees, elbows and kicks would fly, Laos taught me happiness […]
Food and Drinks, two things Duane and Kim can’t live without. As we make our way around the world we are of course encountering many types of food and drinks we love and hate and some things we have never heard of before. You can find just about anything and everything to eat in Asia […]
As the wheels of the plane lowered, the seatbelt sign came alight we commenced our decent into Ho Chi Minh City (HCMC) – also previously known as Saigon. A smooth landing and we were both up and ready. We couldn’t wait to get off what was the most cramped flight we had ever experienced and to […]
What would you do if you were in a country with extremely limited medical facilities and you fell ill? For how long do you fight? Kim had been attempting this for 6 weeks now … At what point do you make the decision for Flight? Evacuate your location and fly to proper healthcare … Kim […]
After an emotional experience in Phnom Penh it was time to move on. We have been land-locked for two months so we decided it was about time we hit the beach so Sihanoukville would be our next stop. Sihanoukville is a 5 hour bus ride south of Phnom Penh. Upon arrival the usual tuk tuk bartering took began although we were stuck between a rock […]
How this could have happened we will never understand – Welcome to Phnom Penh, where you enter a world so far from home. We arrived at the bus station and knew that it was a fair few kilometers from where we wanted to stay so we found ourselves a tuk tuk and set off. Phnom Penh is one of those […]
After our time in Battambang we decided to catch an early morning bus to the city of Pursat where 39km from the city is a village that is entirely built on water in the Tonle Sap. We scored an awesome room at a lovely Hotel which was super cheap due to not many tourists visiting the […]
When arriving in Battambang, as in every town in Asia we were hit by a barrage of tuk tuk drivers. I told them to go away while we got our bags and that we would come to find them when we were ready, it’s a good try but this just doesn’t work in Asia (funny that). Duane […]
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Rawai Muay Thai Camp March 24, 2012
- Another side of Thailand – Phuket to Bangkok April 3, 2012
- A Coconut a Day, With Rats We Stay – In Paradise March 4, 2012
- A Wet & Wild Laos New Year May 6, 2012
- Some Long Awaited Art Work March 26, 2012
- Please Can I have Some More? Penang Food Capital Of Malaysia February 11, 2013
- Viva Las Vegas February 3, 2013
- Lights, Camera, Action – NYC January 26, 2013
- Warming Up With Wine In Ontario, Canada January 25, 2013
- From City to Country to Coast – Do we love Cuba the most? January 24, 2013
- Aggy: Love Penang! They have the best food ever and I al...
- Lauren Rains (@OUTDOOR_MINDED): Your blog post has officially made me miss Malaysi...
- Vicky: Love this post! Heading to Nong Kiaw in a couple d...
- Vicky: This is AWESOME! We are heading to Laos in a coupl...
- Wong Pow Long: Hi, Kim, Welcome to Penang !! I hope that you ...
Posts by Country
- Aggy on Please Can I have Some More? Penang Food Capital Of Malaysia
- Lauren Rains (@OUTDOOR_MINDED) on Please Can I have Some More? Penang Food Capital Of Malaysia
- Vicky on Boat Racing, A Home Cooked Meal and the Village Lifestyle
- Vicky on Laos
- Toni on Please Can I have Some More? Penang Food Capital Of Malaysia