As you all know we LOVED our time in Southeast Asia and after five and a half months travelling the region we got to experience many of the different countries and cultures. We discovered that Southeast Asia is a hugely diverse area with so much to offer everyone regardless of if you are a traveller, […]
5 Months in Asia – My Adventure From Singapore Slingers to Peaking Duck, what an adventure Asia has been. Spending five months traveling our way overland from Singapore to Beijing. Traveling Asia was fun, Hard and more rewarding than anything I’v ever done. It has taught me that you really don’t need much in […]
KIM’S ASIA WRAP-UP Starting in Singapore we couldn’t have asked for more The start of our journey – it’s what we had been waiting for, Malaysia so untouched and wild Had us running through the jungle like a child, While in Thailand at Muay Thai Knees, elbows and kicks would fly, Laos taught me happiness […]
Food and Drinks, two things Duane and Kim can’t live without. As we make our way around the world we are of course encountering many types of food and drinks we love and hate and some things we have never heard of before. You can find just about anything and everything to eat in Asia […]
After completing ‘The Loop’ adventure it was time to slow down and relax. So, we headed for the 4000 Islands in south Laos thinking a stop in Don Det would provide time to relax and recover. We climbed on the bus for the 8 hour journey to find most seats were already taken. We ended […]
As the clouds merged, thunder cracked and lightening lit up the sky; we wondered what the hell had possessed us to be in the middle of nowhere, on a scooter during a wild Laos storm … the reason for our madness – THE LOOP! We had survived Tubing in Vang Vieng but that was not enough … […]
After a Wet & Wild Laos New Year celebration in Luang Prabang we decided it was time to move further South. It was then that a decision had to be made. After reading many articles and blogs we were unsure if we should stop in Vang Vieng due to the dangers of tubing and the impact tubing has had […]
The Laos New Year is celebrated every year from April 13th – 15th and we were lucky enough to be celebrating in the city of Luang Prabang, known as the best place to be in Laos at this time of the year. We soon discovered why Luang Prabang was so popular as the streets became crowded with people […]
Arriving in Nong Khiaw after a four and a half hour trip which we thought was in a bus but this is Laos, the land of the unpredictable and it turned out to be in a strongthrow (a converted pick-up truck) with 18 other people. This is a truck that should by rights only have 10 people at the most in it […]
Below are details and pictures on arriving in Laos from Thailand and taking the slow boat down the Mekong to Luang Prabang. It was a simple journey but amazing to see such a difference in two countries just by crossing a river. Laos is one of the most bombed countries in the world, there is little […]
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Rawai Muay Thai Camp March 24, 2012
- Another side of Thailand – Phuket to Bangkok April 3, 2012
- A Coconut a Day, With Rats We Stay – In Paradise March 4, 2012
- A Wet & Wild Laos New Year May 6, 2012
- Some Long Awaited Art Work March 26, 2012
- Please Can I have Some More? Penang Food Capital Of Malaysia February 11, 2013
- Viva Las Vegas February 3, 2013
- Lights, Camera, Action – NYC January 26, 2013
- Warming Up With Wine In Ontario, Canada January 25, 2013
- From City to Country to Coast – Do we love Cuba the most? January 24, 2013
- Aggy: Love Penang! They have the best food ever and I al...
- Lauren Rains (@OUTDOOR_MINDED): Your blog post has officially made me miss Malaysi...
- Vicky: Love this post! Heading to Nong Kiaw in a couple d...
- Vicky: This is AWESOME! We are heading to Laos in a coupl...
- Wong Pow Long: Hi, Kim, Welcome to Penang !! I hope that you ...
Posts by Country
- Aggy on Please Can I have Some More? Penang Food Capital Of Malaysia
- Lauren Rains (@OUTDOOR_MINDED) on Please Can I have Some More? Penang Food Capital Of Malaysia
- Vicky on Boat Racing, A Home Cooked Meal and the Village Lifestyle
- Vicky on Laos
- Toni on Please Can I have Some More? Penang Food Capital Of Malaysia