As you all know we LOVED our time in Southeast Asia and after five and a half months travelling the region we got to experience many of the different countries and cultures. We discovered that Southeast Asia is a hugely diverse area with so much to offer everyone regardless of if you are a traveller, [...]
5 Months in Asia – My Adventure From Singapore Slingers to Peaking Duck, what an adventure Asia has been. Spending five months traveling our way overland from Singapore to Beijing. Traveling Asia was fun, Hard and more rewarding than anything I’v ever done. It has taught me that you really don’t need much in [...]
KIM’S ASIA WRAP-UP Starting in Singapore we couldn’t have asked for more The start of our journey – it’s what we had been waiting for, Malaysia so untouched and wild Had us running through the jungle like a child, While in Thailand at Muay Thai Knees, elbows and kicks would fly, Laos taught me happiness [...]
Food and Drinks, two things Duane and Kim can’t live without. As we make our way around the world we are of course encountering many types of food and drinks we love and hate and some things we have never heard of before. You can find just about anything and everything to eat in Asia [...]
What would you do if you were in a country with extremely limited medical facilities and you fell ill? For how long do you fight? Kim had been attempting this for 6 weeks now … At what point do you make the decision for Flight? Evacuate your location and fly to proper healthcare … Kim [...]
Below are details and pictures on arriving in Laos from Thailand and taking the slow boat down the Mekong to Luang Prabang. It was a simple journey but amazing to see such a difference in two countries just by crossing a river. Laos is one of the most bombed countries in the world, it is poor [...]
After 2 nights in Pai it was back in the mini-van to Chiang Mai for one night where of course we re-visited our favourite vegetarian restaurant (no, we are not vegetarian however this place was so good we just couldn’t get enough!) and stayed back at CM Blue as their clean cheap rooms were too good to [...]
As we checked-in to our Guesthouse (CM Blue) in Chiang Mai we knew we would love this city. In the centre of Chiang Mai is the Old Town encased by the old wall – it is now only in sections however you can imagine the wall surrounding the entire old city – amazing. Within the [...]
Ayutthaya Our next destination was founded in 1350 however it was destroyed by the Burmese army, resulting in the collapse of the kingdom. We visited the Ayutthaya historical park which is the former capital of the Kingdom of Siam and now in ruins and considered a UNSCO World Heritage Site. We took an evening [...]
After a crazy 3 hour mini-van ride we arrived in the beautiful sleepy town of Kanchanaburi which is in the west of Thailand and is the location of the Bridge over the River Kwai and the Death Railway. We had read about a few hostels to check out so we jumped in a tuk tuk from the bus [...]
Red: Where we are located now Blue: Where we have been
- Rawai Muay Thai Camp March 24, 2012
- Another side of Thailand – Phuket to Bangkok April 3, 2012
- A Coconut a Day, With Rats We Stay – In Paradise March 4, 2012
- A Wet & Wild Laos New Year May 6, 2012
- Some Long Awaited Art Work March 26, 2012
- Please Can I have Some More? Penang Food Capital Of Malaysia February 11, 2013
- Viva Las Vegas February 3, 2013
- Lights, Camera, Action – NYC January 26, 2013
- Warming Up With Wine In Ontario, Canada January 25, 2013
- From City to Country to Coast – Do we love Cuba the most? January 24, 2013
- Aggy: Love Penang! They have the best food ever and I al...
- Lauren Rains (@OUTDOOR_MINDED): Your blog post has officially made me miss Malaysi...
- Vicky: Love this post! Heading to Nong Kiaw in a couple d...
- Vicky: This is AWESOME! We are heading to Laos in a coupl...
- Wong Pow Long: Hi, Kim, Welcome to Penang !! I hope that you ...
Posts by Country
- Aggy on Please Can I have Some More? Penang Food Capital Of Malaysia
- Lauren Rains (@OUTDOOR_MINDED) on Please Can I have Some More? Penang Food Capital Of Malaysia
- Vicky on Boat Racing, A Home Cooked Meal and the Village Lifestyle
- Vicky on Laos
- Toni on Please Can I have Some More? Penang Food Capital Of Malaysia