As you all know we LOVED our time in Southeast Asia and after five and a half months travelling the region we got to experience many of the different countries and cultures. We discovered that Southeast Asia is a hugely diverse area with so much to offer everyone regardless of if you are a traveller, [...]
5 Months in Asia – My Adventure From Singapore Slingers to Peaking Duck, what an adventure Asia has been. Spending five months traveling our way overland from Singapore to Beijing. Traveling Asia was fun, Hard and more rewarding than anything I’v ever done. It has taught me that you really don’t need much in [...]
KIM’S ASIA WRAP-UP Starting in Singapore we couldn’t have asked for more The start of our journey – it’s what we had been waiting for, Malaysia so untouched and wild Had us running through the jungle like a child, While in Thailand at Muay Thai Knees, elbows and kicks would fly, Laos taught me happiness [...]
Halong Bay is a must see for anyone visiting Vietnam and there are so many companies to choose from,when trying to decide it becomes mind-boggling! After hours of searching, emailing and being utterly confused we decided on Aurora Cruises for our long-awaited trip to Halong Bay. We had decided we wanted to spend 2 nights [...]
Have you ever experienced the moment when you realise you are standing in a postcard? We have travelled to many places and seen many amazing sights but sometimes you realise you are in a place that exceeds all expectations in every way. So often the ‘must see’ sights or locations do not live up to [...]
Food and Drinks, two things Duane and Kim can’t live without. As we make our way around the world we are of course encountering many types of food and drinks we love and hate and some things we have never heard of before. You can find just about anything and everything to eat in Asia [...]
Because we loved our Hotel in Hue so much we let them book our tickets to Hanoi, (easy right). Except; the train company had double booked our room, it made for a very unpleasant start to the trip. We thought we would book with a nice soft sleeper and just relax, that just didn’t happen. We [...]
It was time to move on from our days lazing around Nha Trang and we had been told the Train Journey up to Hue was a beautiful scenic stretch so we decided to give the Vietnamese trains a go. We caught a local bus for 45 minutes from Nha Trang to Danang (as there is no [...]
After 2 fantastic nights in Dalat we were back on the bus, this time heading to Nha Trang where we would again be at the beach. After having our last beach destination cut short due to Kim getting sick we were extremely excited about Nha Trang and couldn’t wait for some beach time. On the [...]
As the bus slowly wound it way high up into the hills we slept … amazingly. You never know if its going to be a good ride or not when you depart on an overnight bus trip. Some are torturous, you toss and turn, you watch the erratic overtaking moves the driver attempts and you [...]
Red: Where we are located now Blue: Where we have been
- Rawai Muay Thai Camp March 24, 2012
- Another side of Thailand – Phuket to Bangkok April 3, 2012
- A Coconut a Day, With Rats We Stay – In Paradise March 4, 2012
- A Wet & Wild Laos New Year May 6, 2012
- Some Long Awaited Art Work March 26, 2012
- Please Can I have Some More? Penang Food Capital Of Malaysia February 11, 2013
- Viva Las Vegas February 3, 2013
- Lights, Camera, Action – NYC January 26, 2013
- Warming Up With Wine In Ontario, Canada January 25, 2013
- From City to Country to Coast – Do we love Cuba the most? January 24, 2013
- Aggy: Love Penang! They have the best food ever and I al...
- Lauren Rains (@OUTDOOR_MINDED): Your blog post has officially made me miss Malaysi...
- Vicky: Love this post! Heading to Nong Kiaw in a couple d...
- Vicky: This is AWESOME! We are heading to Laos in a coupl...
- Wong Pow Long: Hi, Kim, Welcome to Penang !! I hope that you ...
Posts by Country
- Aggy on Please Can I have Some More? Penang Food Capital Of Malaysia
- Lauren Rains (@OUTDOOR_MINDED) on Please Can I have Some More? Penang Food Capital Of Malaysia
- Vicky on Boat Racing, A Home Cooked Meal and the Village Lifestyle
- Vicky on Laos
- Toni on Please Can I have Some More? Penang Food Capital Of Malaysia