5 Months in Asia – My Adventure From Singapore Slingers to Peaking Duck, what an adventure Asia has been. Spending five months traveling our way overland from Singapore to Beijing. Traveling Asia was fun, Hard and more rewarding than anything I’v ever done. It has taught me that you really don’t need much in [...]
KIM’S ASIA WRAP-UP Starting in Singapore we couldn’t have asked for more The start of our journey – it’s what we had been waiting for, Malaysia so untouched and wild Had us running through the jungle like a child, While in Thailand at Muay Thai Knees, elbows and kicks would fly, Laos taught me happiness [...]
Food and Drinks, two things Duane and Kim can’t live without. As we make our way around the world we are of course encountering many types of food and drinks we love and hate and some things we have never heard of before. You can find just about anything and everything to eat in Asia [...]
As the clouds merged, thunder cracked and lightening lit up the sky; we wondered what the hell had possessed us to be in the middle of nowhere, on a scooter during a wild Laos storm … the reason for our madness – THE LOOP! We had survived Tubing in Vang Vieng but that was not [...]
The Laos New Year is celebrated every year from April 13th – 15th and we were lucky enough to be celebrating in the city of Luang Prabang - known as the best place to be in Laos at this time of the year. We soon discovered why Luang Prabang was so popular as the streets became crowded with people [...]
Arriving in Nong Khiaw after a four and a half hour trip which we thought was in a bus but this is Laos, the land of the unpredictable - it turned out to be in a strongthrow (a converted pick-up truck) with 18 other people. This is a truck that should by rights only have 10 people at the most in it [...]
Below are details and pictures on arriving in Laos from Thailand and taking the slow boat down the Mekong to Luang Prabang. It was a simple journey but amazing to see such a difference in two countries just by crossing a river. Laos is one of the most bombed countries in the world, it is poor [...]
Red: Where we are located now Blue: Where we have been
- Rawai Muay Thai Camp March 24, 2012
- Another side of Thailand – Phuket to Bangkok April 3, 2012
- A Coconut a Day, With Rats We Stay – In Paradise March 4, 2012
- Some Long Awaited Art Work March 26, 2012
- A Wet & Wild Laos New Year May 6, 2012
- Please Can I have Some More? Penang Food Capital Of Malaysia February 11, 2013
- Viva Las Vegas February 3, 2013
- Lights, Camera, Action – NYC January 26, 2013
- Warming Up With Wine In Ontario, Canada January 25, 2013
- From City to Country to Coast – Do we love Cuba the most? January 24, 2013
- Wong Pow Long: Hi, Kim, Welcome to Penang !! I hope that you ...
- Toni: Your food photos look deliciously lickable :D A...
- John: I love Vegas. On my second trip I also stayed at P...
- Wanderlust Marriage: Yes, you never know how it will work out! I hope t...
- Kim - Wright2Travel: We missed you guys so much at Chrissy and cant wai...
Posts by Country
- Saturday ritual and this time have the sis with me - happy days Cassidy (@ Davies Park Market - @daviesparkmkt) 4sq.com/19Go4tQ 1 day ago
- Daily shot (@ Tailor Made Espresso) [pic]: 4sq.com/10QDIDy 3 days ago
- Morning coffee - part of life when your back to the daily 'grind' (@ Dramanti Espresso) 4sq.com/10WpDP1 4 days ago
- jetstaraustralia my favourite place to travel with #Jetstar is #KualaLumpur - the gateway to #Malaysia… instagram.com/p/ZSVv-ti4st/ 5 days ago
- I'm at South Bank Lifestyle Market (South Brisbane, QLD) 4sq.com/11uiWer 1 week ago
- Saturday morning Fresh fruit & veg shopping - a little chilly this morning. Duane (@ Davies Park Market) 4sq.com/15VD1vn 1 week ago
- Hot date!!! (@ Jujuba Asia) 4sq.com/1496ltM 1 week ago
- Having a morning coffee with the wife!!! As she goes to work and I go home to freedom. (@ Tailor Made Espresso) 4sq.com/10ef0uZ 1 week ago